I am very excited to be starting another Studio unit. To begin with, I thought I would flesh out the questions we were asked at the beginning of class.
- Design and composition
- Working under pressure
- Creating achievable scopes
- Time management
- Digital painting
- Use of After-Effects
- Character Animation
- Detailed Organic/Character Modelling
My goals for this Trimester:
- Improve time management, be on top of projects and workload.
- Drastically improve my character animation and learn facial rigging / lip-syncing.
- Learn animation blending and how to implement these in games.
- Drastically improve modelling and texturing, including how to sculpt in Maya.
- Improve my concept, composition and design skills.
- Have the baselines done early!
How I will achieve these:
- Use the ‘Personal Studio Schedule’ and set lists of task to do each day.
- Work hard, do some tutorials and focus on Animation Specialisation.
- Work on cross disciplinary projects with games and focus on Animation.
- Do some tutorials and work hard during the Modelling and Digital Painting.
- Take on role as Art Director for games project and work hard during Digital Painting.
- Work hard at applying LOs to my projects and start research tasks early.