After Ben rigged the models I had created, I worked on the animation loops for the game. Below are videos of the animations of the game characters:
The animation is rough, especially the transitions. This is partly due to the time constraint. However, I really want to improve on the transitions and hope to do so in my animation specialization.
Overall, I am not happy with my work on this game. The designs were rushed, the models low-poly and ugly, no textures and very rough animation. All of this is partly due to the time constraint and partly due to the fact that I got sick in the middle of working on it.
The models are very basic and broke in some of the animations (monster’s legs and girl’s feet). I should have adjusted the design and the topography to fix these issues but I was running out of time.
In addition to this, something went wrong with the export (or possibly Unity) as Rowan could see the animations and play them in Unity but had trouble with putting them in the game. I am not sure what went wrong: I used 3DsMax to model and animate the characters and exported the models as FBX files with baked in animation.
Moving forward, I hope improve and resolve these issues through the animation specialization (game character). I plan to animate using Maya and will also do some research into more efficient game animation pipelines. In summary, this was not my best work but I has given me a new set of goals, new issues to solve and new things to research.